Kamado Ceramic Ovens
An ancient, Asian-style grill, the kamado is a thick-walled cooker that imparts rich, smokey flavour to meats, fish and vegetables. Relatively unchanged for centuries, air flows through the grill's ceramic body and out its vented dome, chunk charcoal comes to life as smoke and heat.
A key advantage of these ceramic vessels are their ability to insulate. Not only does this require less total heat for cooking, it also lets you cook at much higher temperatures, or at very low temperatures, for a significantly longer time. Combine this with the ability to not only control, but fine-tune the temperature, and you get a grill that is extremely versatile.
Modern Kamados are fuelled by lump charcoal which has been proven to burn hotter and for longer periods of time, making it ideal for smoking large cuts of meat at low temperatures. Lump charcoal also produces much less ash than standard charcoal briquettes allowing for greater air flow and thus producing a longer-lasting heat source. Kamados are perfect for the UK weather, whatever the external temperature, as they hold a constant internal temperature for hours and hours and that means you don't need to keep checking your food, worrying if the charcoal has run out and double checking the temperature every ten minutes etc. Kamados simply take away the stress and worry of barbecuing – in all weathers including snow!
KAMADO'S CAN GRILL, SEAR & SMOKE
Designed in the US, Kamado Joe has drawn on the tradition of the centuries-old 'kamado', modernising the grill's classic style with excellent craftsmanship, innovative accessories and a range of flexible cooking surfaces. Its perfect for baking, smoking, grilling and slow-roasting.
- Grill: Their ceramic construction and unique shape, along with using lump charcoal, mean moister meats and wood-fire flavour.
- Sear: Thanks to the insulative properties of Kamados and the ability of lump charcoal to generate significant heat, you'll be able to achieve temperatures up to 400°C. This means you can sear a steak. It will come off sizzling, just like it does at the high-end steak houses.
- Smoke: With a Kamado's ability to control temperature, and thanks to the long-burning stamina of lump charcoal, you'll be able to use your Kamado as a smoker or a slow cooker (it will maintain high temperatures for up to 12 hours without adding lump charcoal).
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.