Why Le Panyol wood fired ovens?
Listed as a French Living Heritage Enterprise, Le Panyol is the only brand of wood-fired oven made entirely of heat resistant pure terracotta. Its characteristic ‘orange quarters’ shape appeals to those who want to go back to authentic baking – be it pizza, bread or a barbecue and can be built to look stunning in any environment.
Whilst the build requires a good deal of (someone else’s) effort, the end result is worth it and a centrepiece that will last forever. More than a pizza oven it enables food to be seared, grilled, braised, browned, stewed, dried and smoked.
Why Le Panyol?
- Rapid rise in temperature (reaches 400°C/752˚F in 1 hour)
- Sustained baking capability of over 6 hours
- Perfect combustion
- Low fuel consumption (4 - 5kg of wood is enough to reach a temperature of 400°C)
- Health tested and certified "Food Safe" (Certified Category 3*** by European directive n°84-500)
- Choose the size of your oven: The Le Panyol model numbers relate to the internal oven diameter in centimetres.
- Decide on the shape and design: Your Le Panyol is delivered in sections and you assemble it as you might an igloo.
- Select the surround material: This needs to provide a water tight seal and hold in the added insulation materials. It can be a render finish, brick or stone or even a mosaic tile finish. The choice is almost endless.
- Extra requirements: We advise the addition of a flue. Your Le Panyol will come ready with a 'smoke throat' and 'smoke adaptor' on which to fix the flue. You will also need to add some insulation material between the final outer structure and the core oven.
- Decide who will build the oven and surround: Your oven will need to be on a flat and sturdy base, ideally with a log store under or adjacent.
Every wood-fired oven is delivered with
- Core Oven
- Refractory Mortar
- Smoke Throat
- Smoke Adaptor
- 'Grog' base insulation
- DVD instruction manual
- Easy Assembly